Outdoor Sports Advisory Committee (OSAC)
The Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee is an example of the Parks, Recreation, and Culture Department's focus on the concept of community development.
The committee is designed to:
- Be a venue for meaningful citizen participation in decision making.
- Promote and foster cooperation between outdoor sport service providers in the City of Surrey.
- Provide a fair and equitable forum for outdoor sport service providers to collectively address issues of common concern and seek out mutually beneficial solutions.
- Advise the Parks, Recreation and Culture Committee on outdoor sports issues, policies and planning, in order to advance quality organized outdoor sport and recreation opportunities in our community.
- Maximize ongoing cooperation, communication and harmony between all outdoor sport service providers.
- Provide information to residents on available outdoor sport services.
- Enhance the delivery of outdoor sport services.
Most outdoor sports are represented on the Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee executive. They currently include:
- Spring/Summer Soccer
- Fall/Winter Soccer
- Track and Field
- Field Hockey
Meetings are held at 7pm on the second Thursday of every month at the Parks Works Yard. For more information on the Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee, please call the Athletic Community Development Coordinator at 501-5052.
Current Members (click on names to contact):
Tom Hastie - Track and Field
George Heimbigner - Slo-Pitch
Thomas Mills - Soccer (Fall/Winter)
Shaheem Ali - Soccer (Spring/Summer)
Dave Barry - Baseball
Terri Downton (Chair) - Member at Large
Adam McNeilly - Rugby
Ole Olson (no link) - Football
Dirk van Spaendonk - School District 36
Narinder Sangha - Field Hockey
Cal Davies - Lacrosse
Harjit Sandhu - Cricket
Lavaughn Larson - Softball