The MEND Program
MEND (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition… Do It!) is a free, fun, family-based healthy living program for kids aged 7 to 13 and their families. This 10 week program is run in partnership with the British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) and is designed to help kids and their families be fit, healthy and happy.
Join us for fun two-hour sessions twice a week that combine lessons on physical activity and healthy eating. The first hour is interactive discussions and activities about nutrition and other healthy changes. In the second hour, we’ll continue the discussion with parents while kids participate in fun, physical activities.
Mondays and Wednesdays from 6pm to 8pm
Starting April 24, 2017
Why families join the MEND program:
- To spend more time with the family (all family members are invited to join in on the fun)
- To understand nutrition
- To reduce screen time
- To talk with their children about bullying
- To improve self-esteem
- To make new friends
Upon completion of the program, families are rewarded family passes to the recreation centre.
What families will learn in the MEND program:
- How to make healthy food choices and how to read food labels
- New games and activities to play with your friends
- How to prepare a healthy, balanced meal
- How to improve your self-esteem and confidence
- Ways to make physical activity fun for the whole family
Kids love this program because they get to have fun with their families and other kids. Parents will also enjoy gaining skills to help their children make healthy choices for life. To learn more about how Recreation Surrey is making a difference for children ages birth to 18, check out the
To get more information about the program fill out the form below or leave a message with Amber Quan at 604-591-4898.
Please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
For more information please visit the