Donation Program Guidelines
The Gifts and Donations Program is designed to increase public enjoyment and participation in Surrey's parks. This mission means that donations should meet several key criteria:
- Donations must contribute to public use of parks
- Donations must not interfere with accessibility or use of the park by any member of the public
- The "look and feel" of donations, and how they are used, should complement the existing theme or use of a park area
- Donations must not interfere with Parks Division staff maintenance activities
- Locations where there has been a recurring problem with vandalism will be avoided
The City understands that the donation may have sentimental value. But, it's not to be considered a memorial or shrine. For this reason, we respectfully say that placement of flowers, wreaths, pictures, etc. at the site or adding fixtures to the donated item is not permitted.