Household Hazardous Waste
Batteries, electronics, sharps and other hazardous materials require special handling. Please visit thesite, the , or call the recycling hotline at 604-RECYCLE (604-732-9253) for information about the proper disposal procedure and a facility near you.
There is no charge for dropping off acceptable hazardous waste products to the depots. Please refer to the above websites for proper disposal requirements.
These products can be toxic, flammable, corrosive or reactive, and are harmful to humans, animals or the environment if you don't handle them properly.
Unacceptable items and materials
- Inappropriate containers and containers that are leaking or improperly sealed.
- Products that can't be identified.
- Industrial or agricultural products, colorants and tints and automotive liquid paint.
- Cosmetics, health and beauty aids.
- Insect repellents, disinfectants, pet products and fertilizer.
- Pesticides that do not have the poison symbol.
- Corrosive products.
- Bleaches and other cleaners.
- Diesel, propane and butane fuels.
- Caulking tubes, roof patch or tar based products.