Large Item Pick-Up Program
If you have received a 'Don't Dump. Just Dial' postcard, you have been selected for a the City's Don't Dump. Just Dial pilot program. This program is currently only for select Newton residents.
Dispose of your large items through the Large Item Pick-Up Program. All single-family households that receive curbside collection are entitled up to 4 large item pick-ups throughout the course of the calendar year.
Select apartment buildings can also participate as part of the Apartment Building Pilot Program.
Schedule a Large Item Pick-up for Single Family Households
- Call the City of Surrey Waste Collection Hotline at 604-590-7289 (Option 3) to arrange your pick-up date.
- On the day of your appointment (or the evening before), place the large items at the curb. Please ensure all items are at your curb by 7:30 am.
Each year, your item count starts from zero. This means you can't “carry forward” the unused quota from the past years. Once you reach your maximum for the calendar year, see your other waste disposal options.
- Large appliances
- Scrap metal (BBQ's)
- Small household goods (boxed & bundled)
Please ensure that all items placed at curb are scheduled for pick-up. Boxes/bundles must be of reasonable size. One box = one item.
We currently do not collect the following items for pickup:
- Car bodies or parts
- Tree stumps
- TVs or computers
- Lumber, demolition or home renovation materials
- Hazardous or special waste
- Propane tanks
See your nearest waste drop off site to dispose of these items, or get contact information for Surrey's local take back programs. Get money for your functioning used items through Surrey Reuses. Or explore Surrey's other waste disposal sites and programs to see the easiest, cheapest and most environmentally friendly way to dispose of your waste.