Incentives & Rebates
Need help to help pay for your energy upgrade?
The following programs are currently available to help offset the cost of improving the energy efficiency of your home. By combining these programs you could receive thousands of dollars in refunds. Add that to the potential savings in your annual energy bills, and your energy-efficient upgrades could be paid off in only a few years.
This offer is provided in by BC Hydro Power Smart and Fortis BC.
The Power Smart New Home program offers financial incentives to builders, developers and owner-builders to help offset the costs of building to a higher standard of energy efficiency.
- Home performance: up to $2,000
- High-efficiency water heaters: up to $1,000
- Space heating condensing boiler: up to $1,000
- Energy-efficient fireplace: up to $300
The Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation provides a 10% refund on your Mortage Loan Insurance premium if you buy an energy-efficient home or make energy-saving renovations.
So what is an energy efficient house and how much can you save?
- To qualify for the refund your home must meet a minimum EnerGuide rating of 82.
- Assuming a 5% down payment and $500,000 loan, your insurance refund would be just over $1500.
Use the calculator below to determine your Mortgage Loan Insurance refund.
CMHC Insurance Refund Calculator
This offer is provided in partnership by BC Hydro Power Smart and FortisBC.
The HERO programs offers a wide variety of incentives to make it easier for you to reduce your energy bills and improve the comfort and health of your home.
- Insulation: up to $1,200
- Ventilation: up to $500
- Space heating: up to $800
- Water heating: up to $1,000
- Bonus: $750 if you complete 3 eligible upgrades
Borrowing money to pay for your energy upgrade? British Columbia financial institutions often offer unique opportunities to finance home energy investments.