Do not overfill your carts
Lids must close completely. Overfilled carts will not be collected.
Exchange, Replace, or Order Additional Carts
- To exchange, replace or order additional carts, call 604-590-7289
- Organics and recycling cart exchanges: $15 / cart
- Additional or replacement organics or recycling cart: $25 / cart
- Fees will be waived by the City if the owner makes their own arrangements to pick up the carts at a City Facility.
- Additional annual waste collection fees will apply for upsizing or additional garbage carts
|Additional Garbage Cart Size||Additional Collection Services Fee|
|80 L / 120 L||Add $142.00 per year|
|180 L / 240 L||Add $283.00 per year|
|360 L||Add $425.00 per year|
- Excess garbage must be placed in a waste bin or bag with an extra sticker attached.
- See Stickers, Bags and Calendars to find out where to purchase extra garbage stickers. Or find alternative recycling and disposal options.
Do you have excess recyclables? Just step on it!
- Flatten containers whenever possible to gain more space in your recycling cart. Keep the caps off.
- Flattened cardboard boxes can be placed beside the cart in tied bundles. Please ensure that they are cut down to fit inside your recycling cart.
- If you consistently have excess recyclables, request a larger or additional cart by calling the Waste Collection Hotline at 604-590-7289.
- Please ensure your organics cart is full prior to using kraft paper bags or additional cans. If you regularly use extra bags or cans for yard waste, please request a larger or additional cart.
- Extra carts will prevent drivers from reloading your cart - reloading can be messy and can subject your driver to injury
- Place excess next to your cart; in kraft paper bags properly closed; in old yard waste containers with a yard sticker attached; or tied with natural twine in bundles no larger than 1 x 0.6 m (3 x 2 ft). Please ensure the weight of the yard waste bags or containers does not exceed 25 kg (50 lbs).
- See Stickers, Bags and Calendars to find out where to purchase kitchen or yard waste bags.
It is important to get most of your materials into your cart.
- Frequent overloads require a larger cart.
- If one cart does not meet your needs you may request a larger or additional cart.