Surrey Animal Resource Centre
The Surrey Animal Resource Centre helps animals and humans in our community.
Contact the Surrey Animal Resource Centre at 604-574-6622 to:
- adopt a pet,
- donate to the animals, or
- visit the centre.
You can also learn about owner responsibilities, dogs off leash and the City's animal related regulations.
Reporting a lost animal or making an animal complaint
Report a lost animal to 604-574-6622 or make an animal-related complaint to Animal Control at 604-591-4370.
Adopting a pet
Come to the Centre to meet some of our spay/neutered, vaccinated, permanently identified adoptable pets. We'll help you find an animal that matches your lifestyle and completes your family.
Contact the Surrey Animal Resource Centre at 604-574-6622 or connect with us onfor more information on adoption.
Adoption Hours: Monday to Sunday 11:00am to 5:30 pm
We want to see all of our homeless animals adopted to folks who've thought long and hard about what kind of animal is right for their situation, and who've committed to providing
- Good nutrition,
- Regular veterinary care, and
- Mental and physical stimulation appropriate to the individual animal.
Donating to the animals
If you'd like to help out the animals at the centre, there are many items they'd love:
- - Donate a bed and give the gift of comfort to a shelter dog or cat.
- Dogs – high quality wet and dry food, beds, blankets, tough toys like Kongs, food dispensing toys like Buster Cubes, martingale collars and EZ walk and Sensi harnesses.
- Cats – high quality wet and dry food ,scratching posts and toys, cuddly beds, interactive toys.
- Small Animals – fresh greens (and a small fridge to keep them in!), little critter houses, chew toys.
- Birds – cages and accessories, small glass tea light holders (for bird grit).
We'd also love bleach, laundry detergent, dish soap and hand soap.
Volunteering at the Surrey Animal Resource Centre
Thank you for your interest in the Surrey Animal Resource Centre's Volunteer Programming.
References and a Criminal Record Check must be complete before attending an orientation. After you have attended a general orientation you will have the opportunity to sign up for training specific to the program area you are interested in, dog walking, cat care, small animal care or our foster care program.
Visiting the Surrey Animal Resource Centre
Address and contact information
Hours of operation
Animal Shelter Monday to Sunday from 10:00am to 6:00pm
Adoption Viewing Monday to Sunday from 11:00am to 5:30pm