Ornamental Street Lighting and Traffic Control
The contractor/installer must submit their electrical permit application compete with:
A complete set of drawings (hard copy) along with the paid permit application. The drawings must include the following pieces of information:
- State if it is a new installation service base or an addition to existing installation.
- Location of light fixtures
- The approximate address of the service base.
- Project numbers (Surrey Project or Land Development No.)
- Number of and wattage of lights. (Marked new or added).
The inspection department will (24 to 48 hours):
- Review permit application. If application or drawings are incomplete, notify the contractor to resubmit a complete the application package.
- Review submitted drawings marking locations of various components for inspection.
- Issue the electrical permit.
The contractor/installer will:
- Once the permit application has been issued, perform the installation work in coordination with City of Surrey engineering, their design criteria and submitted drawings.
- Once all work is complete, trigger an inspection by submitting a Contractor’s Authorization Form (CAF) by fax to our inspection department.
The inspection department will (attempted following day or within 48 hours):
- Perform the electrical inspection.
- Mark the location of various components on the drawings to “as built”.
- Fail: Notify the contractor by fax noting deficiencies for correction. Notify the contractor to resubmit their CAF for subsequent inspection when ready.
- The inspection department will submit to BC Hydro a standard connection order.
- Mark up the permit field card noting Pass, Date of Connection Order, the number of new lights, added lights and wattages. Note if it is a new service or added installation to an existing service.
- Submit to engineering a copy of the field card with the marked up drawing/s with the information noted above.
- Submit to engineering a copy of the Hydro Connection Order.
- Complete and close the permit.