Property & Payment Services
The City of Surrey Property & Payment Services is responsible for revenue billing and collection for general municipal expenditures in accordance with the Community Charter, City By-Laws and policies and procedures.
There are over 140,000 property tax (garbage and recycling) accounts and over 110,000 annual and metered utility accounts.
The section also administers:
- Collection of grants-in-lieu of taxes
- Provincial home owner grants
- Local improvement charges
- Logging ditch improvement district fees
- General account receivables
The property tax section coordinates and generates property taxes and utility bills using the current tax and utility rates approved by Council with the assessed market values provided by BC Assessment.
In addition to collecting municipal property taxes and utilities, the section is also responsible for collecting taxes for other authorities including:
- Greater Vancouver Regional District
- Municipal Finance Authority
- BC Assessment
More information can be found on the Property & Payment Services webpage.