The City of Surrey earned the ranks ofin 2016, for the 12th year in a row. We were also recognized as one of
The City was recognised by Mediacorp editors for employee benefits like:
- Helping employee balance personal and professional responsibilities through alternative work options
- Encouraging employees to stay healthy with subsidized fitness memberships and on-site classes
- Assisting older employees prepare for retirement with contributions to a defined benefit pension plan.
If you're inclined, take a peek at the for the full praise. They've mentioned a few other great things about us, but we don't want to boast. But, we do want to invite you to apply for your next job opportunity and become one of BC's top employees.
OK, we admit it. We do like to boast. Our employees have worked hard for it, so why not? See the other awards the City of Surrey has earned.
- Award of Excellence for Children/Youth for Surrey’s Mobile Youth Outreach (MOYO) and dedication to making a difference in the lives of BC’s vulnerable children and youth.
- Cultural DIVERSEcity Award for Business for our Library Division’s work to more inclusively serve our culturally diverse community.
- E3 Fleet Gold Rating from the Fraser Basin Council for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, investment in low or no-carbon vehicles and energy efficient technologies.
- Environmental Stewardship Award for contributing to the quality of the environment.
- Environmental Sustainability Award for adopting our Sustainability Charter, which provides a framework for our progressive 50-year vision for a Sustainable City.
- Open Spaces Award for creating Holland Park, a new green centre for the community and key focal point of the 2010 Winter Olympics celebration.
- Premier’s Award for Promoting Innovation and Excellence for developing the Water Balance Model and being a founding member of an intergovernmental partnership.
- United Way (Gold Award) for 5th consecutive year, the City of Surrey's received the United Way “Gold Award,” which is determined by a contribution level of at least 80% of workplace total payroll for one day.
We're not creating the future alone - the Surrey community is working hard, too. See their community efforts with the City Awards Program, which recognizes business and community leaders who've done their part in Surrey.
Take up your career opportunity today to get your hand in Surrey's next big accomplishment.