We've got your back
We couldn't accept your hard work without showing our gratitude in some way. Join the City of Surrey community to get in on
- a comprehensive benefits package,
- employee training and education,
- subsidized transit passes,
- on-site employee gym,
- discounts for Surrey recreation centres, swimming pools and fitness facilities
and a continuing list of other employee rewards and incentives to keep you at your peak. Muse over the benefits you'll earn as a City of Surrey employee, and then apply for your career opportunity.
- Medical and dental plans
- Extended health plan, including parental leave
- Medical travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Allocations for:
- Vision care
- Laser eye surgery
- Massage therapy
- Speech therapy
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Confidential counselling services
Vacations and education
As an employee, you'll also receive 3 weeks’ vacation, prorated beginning your first year, and paid holidays.
And, because we know you're endlessly innovating just like we are, we'll support you with tuition reimbursement, including assistance for development toward your future goals in helping us build Surrey.
We offer personal development planning to support employees who wish to pursue growth in their own position or an alternate career path. And, through our Emerging Leaders Program and Surrey Fire Services' Administrative Development Program, employee participants are provided with education, work experience and self-development opportunities needed to support their growth as an emerging leader at the City.
Lose the commute. Get your life back.
With our central location, plus the added advantage of flexible scheduling options in some departments, you can afford a lunch date with your spouse and be sure to make your daughter’s recital on time. Or maybe you just want some time for yourself.
Our employees come from all over the Lower Mainland, including Vancouver, Maple Ridge and Coquitlam. We all help each other out to guarantee a stress-free commute. To ease it along, we offer
- carpool connection assistance
- carpool parking
- carsharing program in partnership with
- subsidized transit passes
- bike storage
Through our partnership with , employees have access to Modo carshare vehicles for work-related travel. These vehicles are also available to employees for personal use, and for use by the surrounding community.
Employees who work at our City Centre locations - Surrey City Hall, City Centre Library, North Surrey Recreation Centre, and Chuck Bailey Recreation Centre - have convenient access to the Surrey Central Skytrain Station and main transit hub. In fact, all of our locations are easy to get to by transit!
Other rewards and incentives
In addition to comprehensive health, vacation and education benefits, you deserve other rewards and incentives to make your life a little easier and more enjoyable
- On-site employee gym
- On-site cafe
- Reserved parking for carpools
- Carshare program
- Subsidized passes for public transit
- Computer purchase rebate program
- Discounts for Surrey recreation centres, swimming pools and fitness facilities
We host various employee events throughout the year to say thank you to our employees for their hard work, their commitment
- Annual skating party for employees and their families
- Annual employee appreciation BBQ
- Jersey days during playoff sporting events
- Employee "Fun Day" Open House at City Hall
- Annual road hockey event in support of a charity
- Diversity events to celebrate and recognize various cultures in the workplace and our community
- Various wellness events, such as the Healthy Eating Challenge, Move for Health Day and an Annual Wellness Fair
Our Social Committee, led by City employees, organizes social activities and events to encourage team members from across the City to get to know each other and celebrate our accomplishments:
- Annual Christmas holiday party
- Annual bake-off
- Rodeo pancake breakfast and chili cook-off
- Annual softball tournament
- Sun Run Training
- Halloween Departmental Costume Competition
Our employees are also a giving bunch - we volunteer throughout the Surrey community, and all play our part in the City of Surrey culture.
Make the change- join us by applying for the career opportunity that makes the most out of your great skills and experience. And we'll see you at the next chili cook-off!