Raised and educated in the Newton area, I have spent the past 50 years watching Surrey’s landscape develop from a vast municipality to the dynamic city that it is today. Married in 1982, my wife and I have brought up our two children in the same area – the brush and trees that I played in as a child became the parks and schools that our children used while growing up in Surrey.
I retired from the position of Chief Fire Prevention Officer with the Surrey Fire Services, on July 31, 2014. My 32 years of service as a first responder, firefighter and public safety figure have provided me with first-hand knowledge and a unique perspective of the growth of the city and those who reside here.
- Environmental safe guards
- Fire and life safety initiatives
- Seniors dialogue and community engagement
Committees & Community Groups (Surrey & Metro Vancouver)
- Finance Committee
- Police Committee
- Seniors Advisory & Accessibility Committee
- Diversity Advisory Committee
- Environmental Sustainability Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Agriculture & Food Security Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Surrey Tourism Board of Directors (Liaison)
- Metro Vancouver Board of Directors (Alternate)
I am one of the founding members of the Surrey Fire Fighters Charitable Society, which is one of the leading charities in Surrey.
In 2013, because of my work with and dedication to the City of Surrey, I was awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal.
Office phone: 604-591-4346
To view Council Financial Statements please click here.