Business services available
Increase your business or get help starting your business in Surrey. Our Economic Development Division members will
- guide you through city processes to make starting, growing or locating your business in Surrey easier
- inform you about the business improvement areas (BIAs) in the City
- connect you with key business associations and business resource tools
- provide information about Surrey’s business community and economy.
Key tasks of the Economic Development Division
The Economic Development Division boosts business in Surrey by focusing on key tasks:
- Promote Surrey as the best place to invest and do business in Metro Vancouver and the Province.
- Drive business growth through networking and developing relationships with key partners.
- Collect and analyze data related to the local, regional and provincial economy.
Receive more information or provide us feedback on our website by contacting one of our staff members .
For any questions related to Property Taxes, please contact the City's Property & Payment Services Section at 604-591-4181.
Economic Development Division
13450 104th Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 1V8
By phone or email
- Stephen Wu, Manager of Economic Development 604-591-4333
- Khushboo Wanchoo, Economic Investment Strategist 604-591-4388
- Andreas Boehm, Business Development Liaison 604-592-2602
- Carolyn Garoff, Administrative Assistant 604-591-4128
- General Economic Development Office Inbox
Use resources from BizPaL, Small Business BC and the One Stop Business Registry to help you get your business started.
Search the list of the new monthly business licenses in Surrey or explore the full business directory and customize the worksheet listing.
See how Surrey's business improvement associations are active in their communities, promoting business, safety, and street beautification.
Work with the City of Surrey to expand and develop the business community and help identify how we can enhance the success of local business [...]
Renew your business license, search for Surrey businesses or create permit lists online.
Find resources for your start-up commercializing new technology.
Help your business prepare for disasters with this Emergency Preparedness Toolkit.
Learn about the Facade Enhancement pilot program designed to improve the look of your Surrey business storefront.
The City of Surrey’s Economic Development Office networks with organizations to provide the latest information to benefit business.
Find out what you need to know about the amendments to the sign by-law and how it will help reduce clutter and improve business.
Get assistance locating your business to Surrey with an inventory of commercial/industrial lands and spaces.