Request for Quotations
The City of Surrey manages a City-wide Street Banner and Seasonal Lighting Program. The Contractor will be regularly engaged with providing banner and seasonal lighting installation/removal and maintenance services for the City.
The City maintains banners on 876 poles (see attached pole inventory and map). Unless otherwise noted, banners are to be installed in pairs on each pole.
- The Contractor will provide all labour, materials, equipment, transportation, supervision for installation, maintenance and removal services for its banner program. The City is seeking a per pole cost quotation based on a per pole visit (assuming multiple poles are serviced).
- Many of the banner pairings will be installed / removed twice annually; therefore, contractors are to assume 1500 pole trips per year for installation/removal.
- Periodic maintenance is also required where needed to replace damaged banners or to secure banners that have become detached. Banners Service may also be required for special events.
- The Contractor is to be available at all reasonable times to report and confer with City staff with respect to banner Service. The Contractor will designate an individual to serve as the primary point of contact for the Service. Contractor, or designate must respond to City Service requests within two (2) business days. In the event of a problem or potential problem that could impact the quality or level of Service, the Contractor is to notify the City within one (1) business day.
The Services include:
- all seasonal lighting pole feature work, street and park tree lighting installation and removal, receptacle work, repair, inventory and maintenance of features and light strings and other work not part of banner contract.
- storage and organization of seasonal lighting materials in an offsite warehouse arranged by the Contractor. Inventory reporting when equipment is removed and stored as well as reporting on/off dates for lighting is also required. Any new lights or lighting features will be shipped directly to the contractor.
RFQ document for download:
Street Banner and Seasonal Lighting Installation and Maintenance (.pdf)
Schedule B - Form of Quotation (.doc)
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFQ, the City’s Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form a part of this RFQ. It is the responsibility of Contractor to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFQ may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFQ or may be relied upon by any Contractor. By delivery of a Quotation, the Contractor is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFQ, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this Request for Quotation ("RFQ") should be directed in writing to the contact person named below.