Request for Proposals
The City of Surrey invites Proposals to provide comprehensive geotechnical services for the Surrey South Operations Centre project located at 16666-24 Ave, 16615-23 Ave, 16604-24 Ave, and 16596-24 Ave, Surrey, British Columbia.
The City has a vast network of infrastructure, designated park and open space and an increasing number of recreational and cultural amenities. To accommodate projected population growth and to maintain the existing assets while delivering better services to residents of Surrey, City Council has approved the design and construction of a new South Operations Centre on City owned properties at 16666-24 Ave, 16615-23 Ave, 16604-24 Ave, and 16596-24 Ave, Surrey, British Columbia.
Scope of Services
The geotechnical services scope shall include, but not limited to, the following:
- Full geotechnical engineering service as reasonable anticipated;
- Testing as required to obtain a thorough understanding of the existing soil conditions;
- Initial type and location of testing to be done without benefit of architectural of structural design input;
- Provide geotechnical report incorporating all test results and recommendations;
- Include seismic requirements per BC Building Code for foundations and site preparation;
- Provide recommendations to the structural engineer for the design of the foundations;
- Provide recommendations on temporary and permanent ground water management including site & foundation drainage;
- Provide recommendations for supporting under-slab building services and concrete slabs;
- Trenching and backfilling requirements for new and relocated underground services;
- Provide recommendation for onsite pavement structure;
- Soils investigation/report for all offsite roads 24th Avenue, 23rd Avenue, 166th Street, and 167th Street. The report should include recommendations for pavement structure;
- Geotechnical field review services and reports during the construction of onsite, offsite, and roads works;
- Review of tender specifications for compliance to report and recommendations;
- Full coordination with architect, structural, civil and other consultants as may be required to full completion of the project;
- Provide schedules and letters of assurance for the project; and
- Shop drawings review.
RFP document for download:
Geotechnical Services for Surrey South Operations Centre (.pdf)
Schedule C - Form of Proposal (.doc)
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: March 4, 2016
Refer to RFP document for instructions to access MFT Services.
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFP, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFP. It is the responsibility of Proponents to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFP may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFP or may be relied upon by any Proponent. By delivery of a Proposal, Proponent is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFP, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFP should be directed in writing to the person named below.