Home-Based Business Licence
The City of Surrey requires that all businesses in Surrey hold a valid business licence. Learn how to apply for, renew, or make changes to your home-based business licence.
You have a home-based business if:
- Your Surrey business operates from a residence, or from a facility other than a commercial or industrial premises such as a vehicle, or if
- You operate from your home, but provide services outside of Surrey
- You run a Bed and Breakfast
Apply for a home-based business licence
- Read over the Home-Based Business Regulations to make sure your home-based business is allowed to operate, and make sure you comply.
- Visit the Online Business Licensing application or complete the Business Licence Application form.
- Pay the business licence fee with your application. Confirm your business licence fee by contacting the Licensing office at 604-591-4370. A list of fees (for reference only) is available in Business License By-law, 1999, No. 13680 in Schedule A on page 35.
- Submit your application in person, by email, by fax or by mail.
Apply in person
By submitting your application in person, you will receive your business licence application number and in most cases, your business licence, immediately. Apply at Surrey City Hall, Bylaw & Licensing Services at 13450 104 Avenue, Surrey, BC. Make payments in cash, by cheque, Interac, or credit card.
Apply by email
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by fax
Please send your fax to 604-501-7685. Payments by credit card are accepted.
Apply by mail
Please send your application to:
Surrey City Hall
By-law & Licensing Services
13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 1V8
Renew your home-based business licence
Business licence renewal notices are mailed out approximately 1 month prior to the expiration date of a business licence. Learn how to renew your business licence in Surrey to get started.
Make changes to your business licence
Learn about changing your business licence information in Surrey. Changes such as to your business name, address or ownership will need to be provided to us so we can update this information on your business licence. Some categories require that a By-Law Enforcement Officer drives by your home to ensure the home-based business regulations are being followed.
Contact our Licensing Office at email@example.com or by phone at 604-591-4370 if you have any questions about your home-based business licence application.
You can also find information about Surrey’s business community and economy from our Economic Development Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 604-591-4128.