Commercial Vehicle Licensing
The City of Surrey participates in the Provincial Commercial Vehicle Licence program by collecting fees and issuing commercial vehicle licence decals in accordance with Provincial requirements.
Any vehicle licensed under the Commercial Transport Act or any vehicle used for the collection or delivery of goods, wares, merchandise and other commodity in the ordinary course of a business requires a Commercial Vehicle Licence.
Obtain a commercial vehicle decal
- Ensure that your vehicle is insured for business use.
- If you are purchasing more than five (5) decals, complete the Commercial Vehicle Licence (Excel, new window) form.
- The owner or operator must come to the Property and Payment Services counter with the current, valid vehicle registration papers and insurance documents.
Expiry and cost
The commercial vehicle decal expires annually on December 31st. Decals purchased in November or December are valid to the following year. Transfers and replacement decals can be purchased for $6.25 if you bring the original receipt and the original decal to a location above.
- 2800 GVW or less - $25.00
- 2801 GVW – 11,800 GVW - $30,00
- 11,801 GVW - 20,000 GVW - $35.00
- 20,001 GVW or more - $40.00
Decal purchase locations
Commercial vehicle decals are available for purchase at the Property and Payment Services counters at the following locations:
Surrey City Hall - Main Floor
13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 1V8
Surrey Operations Centre
6651 148 St
Surrey, BC V3S 3C7
Contact our Licensing Office at email@example.com or by phone at 604-591-4370 if you have any questions about commercial vehicle licence decals or pricing for a fleet of vehicles.