Business Licence Regulations
Several by-laws regulate how businesses are operated in Surrey. The two by-laws that affect all businesses operating in Surrey are the Business License By-law and the Zoning By-law.
Business License By-law
The Business License By-law, 1999, No. 13680 sets the fees for business licenses. It also includes specific regulations that some business types must follow (ice cream vendors, health enhancement centres, mail box rental centres, etc.).
The Zoning By-law, 1993, No. 12000 regulates where businesses can be located. Properties are given a zoning designation which lists all uses that are permitted on that property. Home-based business regulations can also be found in the Zoning By-law.
Review the other by-laws that may affect how your business operates.
- Building By-law, 1987, No. 9011
- Electrical Safety By-law, 2004, No. 15596
- Fire Service By-law, 1990, No. 10771
- Methadone Dispensing By-law, 2003, No. 15039
- Noise Control By-law, 1982, No. 7044
- Plumbing By-law, 1981, No. 6569
- Pool Room and Billiard Hall Regulation By-law, 1974, No. 4323
- Public Health Smoking Protection By-law, 2008, No. 16694
- Sale of Pepper Spray Regulation By-law, 1998, No. 13622
- Secondhand Dealers and Pawnbrokers By-law, 1997, No. 13183
- Scrap Metal Dealer Regulation By-law, 2008, No. 16655
- Vehicle for Hire By-law, 1999, No.13610
Contact our Licensing office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 604-591-4370 if you have any questions about your business licence application along the way.